Zimmer buchen

Telefonische Reservierung
Mo-Fr, 8-17 Uhr
+49 3737 781 8080
Ornament

Der Ort Fürstlich Drehna

Fürstlich Drehna wurde erstmals urkundlich am 3. August 1301 erwähnt. Während seiner jarhundertelangen Geschichte gab es folgende Ortsnamen:

  • 1489 Drenow
  • 1570 Drehno
  • 1696 Drähne
  • Wendisch Drenow d.h. Hartriegel, zur Kornelkirsche gehörig.

The location was designed as follows:

  • Market stains with stately castle
  • the market square is located on two intersecting streets
  • than Straßendorf
  • originally as an abatement – still preserved today

 

The place was knightly seat of the lineage of Drauschwitz, Maltitz and Minckwitz (1521 – 1697). Since 1663 a seat of the town – so Drehna was one of the younger ones in the Niederlausitz. Gradually, the village developed into a market spot, but remained an administrative municipality.

Prince Drehna received a special boost from the last three families, Count zu Promnitz (1697 – 1793), Count zu Lynar (1793 – 1877), who was elevated to the princely state in 1807, hence also the place name Fürstlich Drehna (around 1860) and a rich one Shipowner and merchant from Bremen, Christian Heinrich Wätjen.

In the village you will find the historical guesthouse „Zum Hirsch“ with a historical theater in the shape of a ship’s hull and the Schlossbrauerei Fürstlich Drehna, which has existed since 1745.

Prince Drehna was renamed Drehna on 1 July 1950. The name was renamed to ‚Fürstlich Drehna‘ on 1 January 1991.